Enjoy this Italian-style omelette with a twist. This courgette noodle frittata with goats cheese and tomato recipe is a tasty low carbohydrate meal using courgette, a very low calorie vegetable which contains no saturated fat or cholesterol. It is a great source of potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure and B vitamins and vitamin A. This dish provides good levels of protein in the egg and cheese, approximately 8 grams per slice. This recipe is quick and easy for those on the go who want to prepare nutritious food in a short time. It uses 1 protein & 1 free veg serving and can be used as a breakfast or serve with a green salad for lunch.
Courgette Noodle Frittata Ingredients:
- 1 courgette(200g) spiralized
- Black pepper
- ½ cup(100g) tomatoes sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons(30g) goats cheese (crumbled)
- Heat pan with 1 Cal spray over medium/high heat
- Add courgette and pepper and cook for 3 minutes
- Place tomatoes over noodles and press down
- Pour over eggs and sprinkle cheese on top
- Cook for another minute, then cover and reduce heat, let it cook for a further 5-7 minutes
- Cut into 2 inch slices and serve
The post Courgette Noodle Frittata with Goats Cheese and Tomatoes appeared first on Motivation Weight Management.