More and more people are finding themselves struggling with the ability to control their weight on a daily basis. Losing weight is difficult, and between a busy work week and the demands of family life many feel that it is impossible to fit in time to exercise and cook healthy meals. Medical weight loss in New Jersey can help you to develop the healthy habits necessary to overcome your growing bulge. Here are five simple ideas that you can work into your busy schedule to finally start losing weight.
- Go to bed. A lack of sleep increases the stress hormone cortisol, which is directly associated with weight gain and binge eating. Plus, a lack of sleep can also lead to more stored fat.
- Brush your teeth. Not only will your smile shine, but brushing your teeth also signals the brain that mealtime is over.
- Carry snacks with you. Running errands all day? Keep healthy snacks in your bag for when hunger pains strike.
- No time to make dinner at night? Make and freeze meals in advance on the weekends, so all you need to do is pop then in the oven when you get home.
- Resist the urge to hibernate. Sure, it gets cold in the winter. But resist the urge to stay indoors snacking in front of the TV. Instead, on a sunny day, bundle up for a neighborhood walk. Snowbound in the house? Stock up on exercise DVDs or have an impromptu dance party with the kids.