Habanero pineapple salsa- when sweet meets spicy!!! Yes, we went there with the habanero. It was SO good. The sweetness of the pineapple and the heat of the fruity habanero really made a great salsa. I would eat this salsa with seafood, chicken, pork, chips, HEY!, we ate it by the spoonful!!!
Thank you Earth Fare for sponsoring this post.
We are so happy that Earth Fare is back in the Cleveland area. It was so much fun to go to the Earth Fare grand opening at 3450 Westgate Mall, Fairview Park, Ohio. The Cleveland Earth Fare is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. We found so many great natural and organic products. All of the ingredients for this Habanero Pineapple Salsa (and the Salmon) were found at Earth Fare. If you haven’t had the opportunity to visit we highly recommend checking them out.
- As the nation’s leading natural and organic foods grocery store, Earth Fare is guided by its pioneering Boot List, a comprehensive list of harmful additives and chemicals that are not allowed on Earth Fare’s shelves.
- https://www.earthfare.com/bootlist/Earth Fare’s Boot List informs its Food Philosophy, which prohibits high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, bleached or bromated flour, added hormones, antibiotics, and all artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and sweeteners.
- Each Earth Fare location boasts many amenities, including a 100% organic coffee and juice bar, a broad selection of prepared foods including a hot bar, pizza station, and hundreds of grab-and-go options; and a produce department with hundreds of certified organic items
Make sure to sign up for Earth Fare’s Healthy Rewards program. Sign up now and earn 1,000 points.
Habanero Pineapple Salsa
As I mentioned, we picked up all the ingredients for this Habanero Pineapple Salsa at Earth Fare. The produce is so fresh and flavorful. The pineapple may have been the sweetest one I have ever tasted. I have to say this salsa just made me happy. It’s absolutely addictive with the perfect mix of sweet and spice. However, if spicy isn’t your thing, just leave out the habanero for more mild version of this fun side.
How to make this Habanero Pineapple Salsa
First, chop all the ingredients. The pineapple and bell pepper should be cut into small bite size pieces. Chop the onion and cilantro.
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Add the lime juice and salt to taste. Note: We started with 1/4 teaspoon salt and then added an additional 1/4 teaspoon. Remember you can always add more salt but you can’t take it out.
Serve this salsa with salmon, on pork chops, with chicken, or just have it with chips. Enjoy every bite of this deliciousness!!!!!
We enjoyed the Habanero Pineapple salsa on some salmon that we grilled. The salmon was simply seasoned with adobo seasoning and grilled on a cedar plank. So simple and so much flavor. The Habanero Pineapple Salsa was like a topping of sweet spicy sunshine on the salmon.
Habanero Pineapple Salsa
- 2 Cups Pineapple
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Habanero Optional
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (about one Lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- Chop the Pineapple
- Chop the Bell Pepper
- Chop the Onion
- Chop the Cilantro
- Chop the Habanero (if using)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl
- Add the lime juice and salt. Gently mix the ingredients. Taste and add more salt if needed