This Healthy Stir Fry Sesame Beef is a delicious recipe, plus stir frying is a quick, easy and healthy way to prepare a meal.
Using sesame oil instead of low cal spray is important for this recipe as it adds flavour to the beef. Like most vegetable oils, sesame oil is a great choice because of its fatty acid content. Both the oil and seeds contain a wide range of polyunsaturated fatty acids that can help keep the cardiovascular system strong and cholesterol levels low.
In addition, seasame oil is rich in zinc which is great for our skin, and copper which has natural anti-inflammatory properties.
Feel free to use your meat of choice in place of beef and you can swap in your favourite vegetables too.
Ingredients for Healthy Stir Fry Seasme Beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 125g broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced finely
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Directions for Healthy Stir Fry Sesame Beef
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot add the beef strips and brown for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the vegetables and minced garlic and chilli to the hot wok and stir fry for 3-5minutes until tender.
- Add the beef back in and add the soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve straight away.