As the weather turns warmer and the evenings grow longer the BBQ is the perfect option for an evening meal. There are plenty of healthy alternatives to the usual sausages and beef burgers and this tasty marinated BBQ chicken kebabs recipe is one.
It does require some time to marinate but this could be done at lunchtime so it’s ready to go for the evening meal.
It uses 3 protein servings and ¼ dairy serving and ½ restricted vegetable serving leaving you with 4 proteins and 2 carbs over the other meals.
Or you could use up one of your carbohydrates and serve it with a small baked potato done on the BBQ and a free salad.
Marinated BBQ Chicken Kebabs Ingredients
- 1 (200g) tub 0% Greek yoghurt
- 120g low fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets – cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
Marinated BBQ Chicken Kebabs Directions
- In a large shallow baking dish, mix the yoghurt, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and rosemary. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for high heat.
- Thread the chicken, onion wedges and green pepper pieces alternately onto skewers.
- BBQ skewers on the prepared barbecue until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.