This is a really filling tasty summer salad. It could be used as a lunch or is filling enough for a dinner. It does use up your 2 fat servings and 1 of your carbohydrate servings but as long as you are conscious of that with you other two meals, it is a great choice for those lazy summer evenings and the oven gets a rest.
Best of all it can be used again over the next two days for meals with no need to reheat.
Ingredients for Summer Chickpea Salad
- 280g whole wheat pasta
- 480g chickpeas
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ whole cucumber
- 120g feta cheese
- 120g black olives
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 handful parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 dash honey
Instructions for Summer Chickpea Salad
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 10 minutes, drain and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion, olives, parsley and the pasta.
- For the dressing mix all ingredients in cup, add to the bowl and gently stir.
- Serve straight away, or cover and place in the fridge, consume within 2 days.